The Canon Pixma MG6320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer is a multipurpose home and office printing solution. The model stands on the higher end of the famed Pixma printer lineup from the company. However, most experts and everyday users agree that photography giant Canon appears to have given MG6320 a kind of technical finesse to handle photo-printing jobs with relative ease. The MG prefix is an indicator that the printer is designed primarily for photo printing jobs more than office work. The model is designed to work with high quality, high gloss photo paper from Canon with a high-end six-ink imaging system that makes AIO printer customer friendly too.
1. The Canon Pixma MG6320 is one of the best photograph printers in the market. It returns a crisp image and can handle higher resolutions easily.
2. Wireless connectivity allows the printer to handle most home and office printing with ease.
3. The petite build of the printer allows it to be placed on shelves or stashed inside cupboards.
4. The straightforward menu of the MG6320 makes it easy for the first time printer owners and novices.
5. Canon offers each Pixma MG6320 model with an easy to understand manual that comes with clearly illustrated and simple directions.
6. The printer comes with a 6-ink color system that allows you to replace individual colors instead of buying the whole set. This makes using the printer for photo printing slightly less expensive than rival models.
1. The Pixma MG6320 is slower than most AIOs. Even when printing black-and-white photo prints, which is the model’s USP, the printer takes around five minutes to chug out a letter-sized print.
2. MG6320 printer can only fit around 25 sheets of photo paper for both 5 x 7-inch and 4 x 6-inch prints. For documents, the printer only fits 125 sheets of paper, which makes large print jobs tough.
3. Most AIOs come with an ADF (automatic document feeder) for copying and scanning multiple page documents but the Pixma MG6320 doesn’t come with one.
4. The cost per page (CPP) of prints as well as the per-page price of the ink on the model is higher than that of most competing models.
5. The plastic build of MG6320 doesn’t feel too sturdy and the durability of the paper trays and the accessories may be questionable.
Is it worth the cost?
The Canon MG6320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One retails for $199 and has been available in the market since December 2012. Being a higher end AIO, the price of the machine itself isn’t too steep but it certainly isn’t worth the price for businesses that need to print non-photographic documents often. Additionally, given the printer’s high-resolution setup, you will need to replace your printer cartridges quite often. If you want to get a lot of work done in a day or two with this printer, you can get Cartridges Direct printer cartridges as they can have your printer cartridges shipped out to you in no time.